|Title: 40 Facts to Know|
40 Facts to Know ( You May not Know )
1. Money isn't made out of paper; it's made out of cotton.
2. The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottle represents the varieties of pickles the company once had.
3. Your stomach produces a new layer of mucus every two weeks otherwise it will digest itself.
4. The Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper.
5. The dot over the letter 'i' is called a "tittle".
6. A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.
7. Susan Lucci is the daughter of Phyllis Diller.
8. A duck's quack doesn't echo ... no one knows why.
9. 40% of McDonald's profits come from the sales of Happy Meals.
10. Every person has a unique tongue print
11. 315 entries in Webster's 1996 Dictionary were misspelled.
12. The 'spot' on 7UP comes from its inventor who had red eyes. He was albino.
13. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents daily.AAA+ 2015 New Fashion women replica watcheshttp://www.cssa-unn.com/buying-replica-watches-in-las-vegas-nevada-the-shops-at-crystals/replica Jaeger Lecoultrereplica Omegahttp://www.cssa-unn.com/replica-breitling-814-top-time-chronograph/http://www.cssa-unn.com/replica zenithreplica mont blanc watchesreplica audemars piguet watcheshttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/replica-panerai/replica Audemars Piguet ukhttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/breitling-replica/Piaget replica ukChopard replica ukhttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/replica-jaeger-lecoultre/iwc replica ukhttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/omega-replica/http://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/rolex-quartz-replica/Audemars Piguet replicaTag Heuer replica ukhttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/best-replica-breitling/http://www.ecole-polonaise.com/stall.phphttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/replica-seiko/cheap fake watchescheap replica watchesLongines replicahttp://www.cssa-unn.com/tag/patek-philippe-replica/Replica Tissothttp://www.cssa-unn.com/stall.phphttp://www.cssa-unn.com/stall.php?myu=luxury-watch-brands/breitling-1.htmlrolex replica is Very Special In Our Store.
14. During the chariot scene in 'Ben Hur' a small red car can be seen in the distance
16. Chocolate affects a dog's heart and nervous system; a few ounces will kill a small sized dog.
17. Orcas (killer whales) kill sharks by torpedoing up into the shark's stomach from underneath, causing the shark to explode.
18. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
19. Donald Duck comics were banned from Finland because he doesn't wear pants.
20. Ketchup was sold in the 1830s as medicine.
21. Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower' because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters.
22. Leonardo Da Vinci could write with one hand and draw with the other at the same time.
23. Because metal was scarce, the Oscars given out during World War II were made of wood.
24. There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos.
25. The name Wendy was made up for the book Peter Pan, there was never a recorded Wendy before!
26. There are no words in the dictionary that rhyme with: orange, purple and silver!
27. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors. Also, it took him 10 years to paint Mona Lisa's lips.
28. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion will make it instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
29. The mask used by Michael Myers in the original "Halloween" was a Captain Kirk mask painted white.
30. If you have three quarters, four dimes, and four pennies, you have $1.19 You also have the largest amount of money in coins without being able to make change for a dollar.
31. By raising your legs slowly and lying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand (and you thought this list was completely useless).
32. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law, which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.
33. American Airlines saved $40,000 in ྒྷ by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first class.
34. The first product Motorola started to develop was a record player for automobiles. At that time, the most known player on the market was the Victrola, so they called themselves Motorola
35. Celery has negative calories! It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with. It's the same with apples!
36. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying!
37. The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
38. Guinness Book of Records holds the record for being the book most often stolen from Public Libraries.
39. Back in the mid to late 80's, an IBM c ompatible computer wasn't considered a hundred percent compatible unless it could run Microsoft's Flight Simulator game..
40. Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a space suit damages them.
These were the things you may not know. Did you know that ?
|Authored by: Rahul Bhanot on Thu, Mar 20th, 2008 at 12:00 AM
This question has been viewed 5467 times so far.
|Online URL: http://www.knowledge-gallery.com/question.php?ID=65|
Powered by PHPKB Knowledge Base Software